On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Setting

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketToday I will be in Lladrana, the morning there has been gray, but sun is breaking through, and it will warm up to be a beautiful evening so my twins can enjoy the castle and the town. There will be a trip to the Nom de Nom (the tavern in the town). I'm working on revising the first chapters so that I have a solid beginning and linking all the scenes I've written with transition scenes so I can see where I need to go from there.

Yesterday I was in Lladrana, too, flying with Faucon on his volaran to his northern estate which is in excellent shape under the stewardship of his cousin. This scene will take place somewhere in the middle of the book. I didn't put in the weather, but I think I'll go back and add in blue skies and warm sun and wax lyrical.

Yesterday, here, was magnificent. Warm. Sunny. Turned off the heat after the morning cool, the back porch heater next to the washer has been off for a couple of weeks. I got down to one layer when writing and turned the waterbed down, too. Didn't put my work clothes and slippers under the covers near the end of the bed so they'd be warm when I woke up.

I thought the tree branches out my window (the tree is in the shade) was beginning to bud and I've been watching closely, and there were violets blooming in my yard. I love violets.

Yeah, punchline, snowing today. Looks like about 3 inches has accumulated on my fence. I'll have to go out and put some food in the Wild Thing dish.

But we've been having nice weather, so I'll hold onto that, and fly in Lladrana. Heart Dance is full of cold and snow and a bad winter (and was planned that way and written that way before the bad winter came), and my friend is dealing with a Celtan Winter in the galleys. In Lladrana, the Exotiques have arrived and the sun will be seen more.

You can definitely set the mood with weather. I haven't been paying attention to the weatherman and when I heard cars on my street I thought it was rain, so it was a small jolt because it was snow. But since I have literally lost about 7 trees to March snows, I wasn't too surprised. I think I'll be ok today. My trees had not leafed out yet.

Take care, keep warm or cool, and use weather in your work today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

OOoooOOOO! Flying with Faucon on his Volarian!

Sweet!!!!

moon (envious of that thought)

7:43 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, thought I'd hear from you...

Robin

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]