On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Inner Children

One of the reviewers of Protector of the Flight said it hit a bullseye for teenaged girls' fancies...flying horses, soulmates, heroism....

I didn't do that on purpose. And after I thought about it, the words made me smile. I guess I let my inner teenager out in that book – and Alexa would be the younger girl, fearless and optimistic and confident she could whup the world. And Marian, of course is the grad student – always curious, always questioning, always interested in how relationships, people, ideas work.

Not always inner me, but perhaps bits of that me (and you) that I recall, like archetypes of life stages as well as the other archetypes I've been writing in the Summoning series – the warrior, the academic, the caretaker.

May you tap into the subconscious today.
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL,I was a little stunned that I still had an inner teenager within me....

Robin

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]