On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, January 12, 2007

Pure Genius

I once had a reviewer who consistently makes fun of me and my work call one passage in Heart Thief "pure genius" (or something like that, I try not to think of her comments, especially the other ones).

Naturally I remember that passage. I remember writing the thing. I remember rewriting the section. I think I did it about ten times.

I have a critique buddy who is incredibly lyrical, and sometimes I work hard at being lyrical just to show that I can do it.

But I rarely have the time to craft every sentence of my work as well as I'd like it to be, to consider a phrase for a few hours. And I often think that's what it takes, a lot of time and no pressure, to create some lyrical masterpieces or a work of genius.

In the end, I'm happy if I entertain.

May you have a touch of genius today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

It's only taken me a million years, Robin, but I finally got your blog linked to my blogroll. :)

Can't wait to see you at National in Dallas! *HUGS*

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if i were to pick a fav passage from your novels so far, it would have to be the scene between Alexa and Bastien in the courtyard. The sheer sensulaity of that passage of words is brillant. Jem

1:40 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Katie, thanks, and Gem, thanks, too.

Yes, I worked on that one about five times, too.

Robin

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]