On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Quote

I'm thinking of putting up quotes I run across. I've done this a couple of times before, I believe, but I tend to collect them, use them on my website (not updated for January yet), and think about them.

Here's one:

"Some writers are only born to help another writer to write one sentence." Ernest Hemingway

I agree and disagree. At first it seems comforting, then the height of hubris. Writers do help other writers and that's important. But even if the writer never gets published or his/her work isn't stellar it has worth. To the writer as a fulfilling creative activity, sparking other writing.

Tell me your take if you want. And may all your sentences be easy today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]