On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, January 08, 2007

Images/Collages

There are several writers who collage when they start a new book -- go through magazines for hero/heroine/characters faces, settings, etc.

I spent a lot of time on the net yesterday looking at images of gardens, and garden design portfolios for Heart Fate. Most of the action, such as it is, will take place in FirstGrove, the sanctuary/garden/Healing grove for the desperate.

My subconscious memories, of course, helped me out. When I lived in DC, I went to Dumbarton Oaks a couple of times, and the memories stayed. Also, before I began writing seriously I was starting to get into gardening. So I have some design books.

I wanted images of doors for the cover (digits crossed) for Healers of Hope.

So I didn't write and need to catch up on my word count. But images are important to fix in your brain while you write.

Thinking of designing a garden today. I have some BBC software as well as a good landscape design program (which has proved very frustrating).

May the images you use for your story be clear today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, MsIsis, and congratulaitons on snagging an agent's interest, that's wonderful!

And sometimes our characters are not us, but there will be bits of us in plot or setting....

Robin

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comments about gardens, bring back to me to lovely shots in the movie Valmont as well as the interior of opulent palaces, you might find the images interesting as well as those of The Liaisons Dangereuses.
Fun duels in these two movies as well. However the best is the book.
Thanks for the advances on your next Celta books, hope there are many in the future for all of us!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger jem said...

Hi just finished reading four of your books over the weekend! Really enjoyed the way you have interwoven the stories and families through the books. Being a dog lover though I have to request more fam dogs.....Best Wishes Jem

2:37 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Jem, a dog has slunk onto the page of Heart Fate, Fan, excellent information, thanks!

Robin

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]