On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thinking Time

No matter how fast I want to write, there always comes a time when I have to sit down and think -- probably every few chapters of the book, filtering the misty idea of the story into words. Going back and tweaking things -- or going forward and noting something down for the end of the book and the black moment.

And is that one long sentence! But I'm barely awake and I have a LITTLE more snoozing time before the sun comes up and I need to hit the office.

Sleep and thinking time can't often be hurried. I usually go around saying "huh," a lot, and I fervently believe in letting the subconscious doing most of the work, which, since I believe in it, it usually does.

May the writing come quickly today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]