On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, December 29, 2006

Center of the Universe

Dear Universe,

I am really, really sorry that I made the Celtan winter so bad in my manuscript. I really didn't need to be reminded how bad winter weather can be in a city.

Can it please stop snowing now?

Love Robin


You, and/or your characters who want to be sympathetic should not consider themselves the center of the universe (even if you want them to grow, because that's a huge growth and most readers won't stick around unless they know you and trust you). Characters can be center of THEIR universe, yes, but not the whole shebang. This is, of course, ok for villains. Or villainesses as the case may be.

Or Cats.

May your characters amuse you today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Isn't this mommy nature providing some inspiration?

Or is it life imitating art. LOL!

I do know that last year when I was writing a Nor'Easter scene, we in Jersey were experiencing a wicked Nor'Easter.

But, yes. It can stop snowing now, Robin IMO.

Hoping MN listens,

moon

5:52 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Moon. I usually park in my alley, but since I dug the car out a week ago, I've been parking in various places, and prefer the church parking lot a street over.

The car will now have to be dug out again and I don't plan on going much of anywhere soon.

Robin

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]