On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Heart Quest is OUT

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nervous this morning, as usual. Like I said before, there are those who will think this is the best story and best book I've written (and I like to think I'm getting better in technique I think), and some who will hate it, and some who will think it's merely ok. Contests, Reviews, Mail is subjective. And you can please some of the people all of the time and some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. Blah, blah, blah.

Yes, I'm nervous. I comfort myself with the fact that my editor thought this one was the best (so of course what I'm working on now...well, at least I have a blackmailing cat in it, and I think in Heart Fate one of the cats has got too go -- become a dog -- too many cats, though Heart Quest has a fox my mentor thinks sounds like a British butler).

I guess I should actually send an email out to my puny (and usually ignored) mailing list and let them know.

And this is just too long for a nervous-nelly all about me. Sorry.

No, it doesn't get any easier. ANYTHING about the writing. But it can stay as fascinating.

May your writing day have surprising, fascinating moments.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Robin. I'm thrilled to hear Heart Quest is out. Can't wait to read it. All your Heart books get top priority with me, and I'm so glad you have more on the way. Have a good writing day.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I loved it. It was a wonderful book. A few inconsequential quibbles (I think Trif was introduced as Trif Holly once...), but nothing that took away my enjoyment of the book or the world of Celta as a whole. Keep up the wonderful work and I can't wait to read Dufleur's story.

Thanks! :)

12:18 PM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Oh YAY Robin!

I will have to run out to B&N tomorrow!

moon

1:36 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Karen, you have a great day also.

Anonymous. ARGH! Trif Holly! Durn. I know three of us looked at the ms carefully, but I've found some typos, grammar, mistakes. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to hand off to my supreme line editor for her to catch these. My apologies.

Robin

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again,
No apologies necessary. Typos or not, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. :) I can't imagine there's a book out there without at least one somewhere. There's only so many times you can read something you've written without starting to see only what you've thought you wrote instead of the actual letters on a page. (Or at least, that's the way it felt when I wrote my master's thesis.)

All the best and keep up the wonderful work,
Laurie (Anonymous from the other day)

p.s. - just so you don't have to read the whole thing again looking for one silly typo, it's on the bottom of pg. 169...

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]