On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Basic Story

We are moving buildings today. When I was hired, I don’t think I was supposed to be part of this. I was to process old files for archival, then the (very small) department was supposed to move later in the year. The death of one of the supervising attorneys changed all that. The company wisely decided to get the department out of here as soon as possible.

So we move today. I have, maybe, ½ box of personal stuff (calendars, coverflats, books, dishes). But I also have about 20 boxes of files I need to send off to the archives or designate for moving.

I like this building better than the other, it’s closer to downtown and my bus.

I don’t have much to say about writing today, except: How would your characters’ feel about moving? One basic definition of a story is: Someone leaves on a journey or a stranger comes to town. Which category does your story fall into?

May today be smooth and not frantic for you.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]