On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Bedtime Stories

When I was a child my father and mother would read bedtime stories to me. I think they also told them to me (my Mom makes up small running stories all the time), and I recall Dad telling me the myths of the Greek Gods.

I'm sure that's what started me on the road to reading. They both loved reading and they both loved stories.

Over the last few years, I've developed a modest audio library and I sometimes like to put the tape or CDs on (on a timer) before I go to bed. These are all of stories I've heard before and laying there in the dark, I can anticipate favorite parts, or snooze off at least favorite parts.

So people are still telling me stories. I like the ones the best where a male-female team work for all the male-female voices. I think Kiss Me While I Sleep by Linda Howard is the best example of that.

May your writing remind you of your favorite reading today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]