On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Best heroine!

I can’t tell you how happy I was when I received the email that Guardian of Honor finaled in the Anne Bonney Readers Choice Awards.

First, Guardian of Honor hasn’t won any awards, which surprised me (and let’s face it, I like each of my books to win at least one award – that outer instead of inner validation thing). But maybe Guardian and Alexa is too close to my heart and I don’t see the book for what it is. Also, I think trade paperback made a difference, and I didn’t enter it in the PRISMS because I’d won in the PRISMS for the last two years and felt they’d already honored me.

But two things are really great about this news. THE ANNE BONNEY READERS CHOICE AWARD IS A READERS AWARD. So one of my judges was a reader. Lovely!

Secondly, the Anne Bonney Readers Choice Award doesn’t have the same general categories – historical, contemporary, futuristic/fantasy/paranormal. Their categories are:

Best Heroine
Best Hero
Best Chemistry
Most Emotional
Most Humerous

Guardian of Honor is up for BEST HEROINE!!!

To make that in a cross-genre contest is very, very special. I am thrilled.

The finalsts of Best Heroine are:

Best Heroine:
Bronwyn Jameson: The Rugged Loner Publisher: Silhouette Books
Jennifer St Giles: His Dark Desires Publisher: SIMON & SCHUSTER
Robin D Owens: Guardian of Honor Publisher: Luna Books

Note the group. A sexy contemporary western, a steamy historical, and me. And in most contests, my books go up against vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, ghosts, and psychics and everything else, which is why winning in ANY paranormal contest other than the PRISMs or the PEARLS is such a crap shoot.

May your heroine be especially vivid today,
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Robin!

I have loved your books for years.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Liane Gentry Skye said...

Congratulations!

6:45 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you. This does mean a lot to me.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]