On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Just Write/Inner Critic

Sorry for the late post, but I had one of those household emergencies that had to be dealt with and which makes you want to take the day off instead of trying to write/writing just to pamper yourself. Being the only responsible member of the household (cats are completely unaware of the emergency), when something goes wrong, I must fix it.

Anyway, I started writing and Good Stuff -- inner motivation -- appeared and about 3-4 paragraphs in my inner negative critic popped up with all the old carps "isn't this going on too long?" "Haven't you said this a million times before?" "You're gonna BORE the SOCKS off your READERS." (Ok, my feet are cold and are making themselves heard, too).

So I reminded myself, and decided to remind YOU, to just write! Especially a first draft.

Maybe all those things my critic says is true, but since I haven't read the entire durn ms. for a while, I'm not sure.

Just Write. Revise later.

Inner Negative Critic is only allowed out on the revising stage.

Inner Negative Critic is NOT allowed to stop your flow of original writing.

Inner Negative Critic is NOT allowed to stop your flow of original writing.

Inner Negative Critic is NOT allowed to stop your flow of original writing.

Got that? I hope I did, too, so I'll go back to the writing and even if the conversation with self goes on for five pages it will stay. Now. To be revised later and all the good kernels saved and summarized.

May you have no trouble quashing that nasty inner negative critic today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]