On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, September 18, 2006

Off Work

Starting today I am taking time off the day job (without pay, that's what book money is for) to work on Heart Match. I do this occasionally, and it will be 2 weeks. I didn’t plan it well because it will be a long stretch when I return before I get paid again, but I want Heart Match done NOW.

So I get the time I’ve been longing for and I hope to do better at planning my day than I did before. Knowing that even a little money will be coming will help immensely, I think.

Letting you know that I’ve been writing and stockpiling my blogs and have almost the full two weeks. I will, of course, reply as I always do, but again, if I’m joyful one day and in the Slough of Despond the next, it doesn’t really mean I’m bipolar.

Thanks for hanging in there with me, and I have no doubt I’ll be writing about my writing days, too.

May your day be filled with lucious minutes of writing.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Good luck, Robin! Total immersion is a wonderful thing.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck. I'll be right in there with you. Hubby has the kids for two weeks, cause I'm on the home stretch with this manuscript.

11:51 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks. I've fiddled around for the first three days (well, there was that emergency) and now I have to buckle down!

Robin

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]