On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Still Cool: Author Speak and Autographing and News


Since I am "out of the closet" as a writer (that means people at work know what I do -- and DID before I sold) I put my books up around my very bland, very gray cubicle (hey, we moved floors last year and I'm NOT across from the men's room anymore -- that was pretty disgusting...the guys would have talks in-out of the bathroom and hold the door open while they were doing so -- need I say more?). So, I'm out of the closet and coming up on the 4th Anniversary of HeartMate in late November (bn.com didn't observe the street date so I got one early from them...full of digressions this am).

Anyway, my agent talked to my editor yesterday (and saying that's still cool). What is also still cool is that a colleague asked about my books in the elevator yesterday and I could say that -- my editor was talking to my agent. Since there was a stranger in the elevator it felt pretty cool, too.

And autographing books is pretty cool, too, still. I usually try to do a little blessing, like "Follow your heart and magic will come," or "May a little magic always grace your life," for the Heart books, and something like "Always Sing your own Song" in the Luna books.

Now that I've completely burbled away any anticipation you might have had -- yes, I have news, apparently Guardian of Honor will be released as a mass market paperback next January, a month before Sorceress of Faith. So shortly I will see the sales of GOH plummet on amazon (yes, I watch my numbers there) until the paperback edition goes up. I'm very pleased.

Love to all and may something cool really happen in your writing today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Good for you on the MMP release! GoH definitely deserves it. Congrats on moving away from the men's room, too. Were any of those conversations interesting material, or just sports talk?

8:44 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

It was usually sports talk and business talk...but the other noises -- with the door open...and the smells.... I think I'm permanently scarred...LOLOL

7:50 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

LOLOL! Robin, that is torture for you delicate sensibilities!!! Didn't they know you were an ARTIST???

UGH! Now I know where the inspiration for all those yucky Llandrana monsters came from.

;)

Terri

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]