On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, April 15, 2011

Problem: Bogged Down in Research

Photobucket
Bogged Down In Research: Usually this doesn't happen to me. I write a scene then research and change. Because researching exact details such river depth, museum floor plans and traffic cams will slow you down every time.

Just Write! Research later. Especially if you're doing magic, because with magic almost everything is possible if you set it up right. So, three hours into the writing day and the scene that was flowing in my brain when I awoke is gone.

May you enjoy your day and always be amused at yourself.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Sometimes I'll become so preoccupied looking up a specific detail I lose sight of everything else! It doesn't help I'm a touch OCD, especially with lists and measurements.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Ang from Oz said...

Yes I suffer the same problem. Hope you get back on track Robin!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

I got a library science degree because I loves me some research. There's something addictive in the dust, I think. :-)

9:20 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Well, it do while away the time...

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]