On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 28, 2011

Being Out of Contract

When a writer is unemployed, this is what you say. "I'm out of contract." Currently I have 3 more books in my contract, including the one I'm racing to finish, Enchanted Again. Then I have one "Heart" book, Heart Secret (sorry that was the original title of Heart Search), and Enchanted Ever After.

Mentor is out of contract. I anticipate she will get another book deal this week.

The way you stay IN contract is to send in book proposals pretty much as soon as you finish the last book in a contract. Which means you have to be juggling work as you look to the future. Next year at this time, I'll have to be putting together the next proposals for Luna. I'm not sure how many they will want.

That will depend on how well Enchanted No More and Enchanted Again do.

That's how it works, folks.

May you do well in business today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger azteclady said...

I don't know how writers can survive the stress. I'm one of those people who needs to know there's a check coming in regularly--and much happier if I know exactly how much is coming in with each check. Makes budgeting that much easier.

9:36 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, budgeting is hell, and writer's are risk takers.

Robin

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]