On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, January 21, 2011

Switching Worlds


I know I've spoken of this before, but changing worlds is difficult for me, and it's something I need to learn to do. Maybe mornings are contemporary Colorado and Luna books, and afternoons are the Heart books.

Anyway, in the last week I've been in present day Denver with Amber and Rafe and brownies; 419 after colonization Celta with Laev and Camellia and crew; and 412 after colonization with Walker Clover and Sedwy Grove. Timelines and calendars help, and Walker's story is Yule and Laev's is May, so that's good, too.

I have figured out that I need a complete day off at least every 8 days, that my writing muscle is developing stronger since NaNoWriMo, and occasionally I need to take the laptop out of the house.

Writing so many years and the process is everchanging. :)

May you enjoy your process today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Do you have a schedule on when Heart Search, the anthology and the next Enchanted novel are to hit shelves?

4:01 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Sure, Heart Search should be early August, Hearts & Swords in December, and Enchanted Again next January. Heart Search should be solid, because I hit my deadline on that.

Robin

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]