On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, December 27, 2010

Interior Maps

I do these sketches to get dimensions right in my head, and the movement of people in the space (choreography).

This is The Green Knight Fencing and Fighting Salon, seen in most of my books since Heart Duel (but actually determined as I was writing Heart Search). Also T'Hawthorn's ResidenceDen, again seen in Heart Duel, and Heart Change (at least).

If I ever have the time I'll do them in ProFantasy software....

Photobucket

May you enjoy all the interiors you visit today.
Robin
p.s. It was rather lowering to have to revise "Heart Change" (above) twice as I figured out which book I meant...

3 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Thank you for sharing that. I do sketches for my writing too.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of maps, when you update the map of Celta that is on your website, could you possibly add in the location of Fish Story Lake? Thanks.

10:32 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Excellent, Janice.

Anon. I am looking for a new webmistress. The maps themselves will need to be updated. I am hoping I didn't lose them in the crash last year (software), but probably did.

You can see Fish Story lake on the world map just above the Deep Blue Sea.

I have general mappage of that in Heart Journey, but don't think I ever posted ehre.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]