On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 02, 2011

HEART SEARCH IS FINISHED!

Photobucket

At some time every book is the one you don't think you'll finish. But I really believe that Heart Search was harder than most. One reason is that I was dealing with some very heavy issues in 2010 (I was never so glad to see a year end in my life).

Another reason is that I gutted the first 14 chapters and rewrote them.

There are probably other reasons/excuses/rationalizations as to why it took me so long to finish, but I'm tired and giddy, so I don't recall them.

And, yes, for the first time in a long while I am giddy that I finished.

Now for the printing out of the rough and the massacre of revision.

May you enjoy your day today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Also, Healthy New Year! And that reminds me that BooksonBoard ought to have released my .epub of Enchanted No More by now *goes off to download*

9:04 AM  
Blogger azteclady said...

Here is wishing you a wonderful 2011--may it bring you health, joy, prosperity and further inspiration.

And hurray! for finishing Heart Search.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Most of the people I know are happy to see the back of 2010. I'm glad to see you've managed to come out the other side and are ready to enjoy the better luck of 2011!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Karin Shah said...

Congratulations!!! Typing "the end" is so satisfying.
Happiness for me, too, since I've already finished Enchanted No More and am hungry for your next book!!
Hope 2011 is a wonderful year!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Gratz Robin,

Hope the edits are much easier for you! Maybe you'll be able to take a day off soon. Then get to work on that back log of projects you want to work on! ;)

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]