On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2011 Crazy Goals

Photobucket

In 2011, I would like to:

Finish the stories/novellas: Noble Heart and Heart & Sword
Write: Enchanted Ever
Write: Heart Secret (Garrett Primross' - private eye - and Artemesia Mugwort's story)
Write: Enchanted Ever After

Those are under contract.

This is what I'd also like to do.

Revise and put Zanth and the Landscape Globe up on Kindle, for, oh, say .50 cents since it is so short (so I'll be taking it off here, fair warning).

Read/Revise and put on the Kindle: Shades of Honor (Regency historical romance with paranormal elements, a twin story)

Betrothal and Blackmail (Regency historical romance), the only book I've ever written WITHOUT paranormal.

Write for Kindle/ebook:
Lost Tales of Lladrana:
The Earth "Singer's" story
Koz's story
Another story I've had in my head with Koz as a secondary character.
Again, I would probably put these up singly throughout the year and am thinking charging under $2.00.

Proposals for 2-3 more Heart books, and 2-3 more Mystic Circle books.

Attend RWA conference in New York in July
Go to Retreat in SC in November

I think that's it. Maybe some Heart stories as they occur to me...

Open to suggestions.
May you enjoy planning mad starts (contradiction).
Robin

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

I like your goals since I get to read the books and stories. However, I don't have a Kindle and am not planning to get one, so I'm rather ambivalent about that, unless I can download them to my computer instead. Anyway, where's the Zanth story?? It's not on your reads page so I'm rather baffled.

10:26 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ah, if I do Kindle, I'll be trying to do the other ebooks, too, which means computer would be ok.

Zanth is on this blog, a very short story (needing revision), about 2 years ago in November.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny
The Zanth story is in this blog, Friday May 1 2009
You can download a kindle app.-free - to your PC or MAC, and there are lots of free books plus you can download samples as well.
Hope you don't mind me butting in!
Merry Christmas to ALL

10:32 AM  
Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

thanks for the info about downloading the knidle app to the pc. I have a Nook.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

I think you should write an Anthology with Jayne Castle and Nalini Singh.

And do a friends of Celta anthology, where you edit stories submitted ala Marion Zimmer Bradley friends of Darkover and Mercedes Lackey friends of Valdemar. Let some other authors, pro and amatuer play in your world!

9:30 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tannun, I would love that. However both Nalini and Jayne Ann are "bigger" authors than I, so they get to chose those they want in an anthology.

Robin

10:13 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

Catie is considering a subscribtion thingie for her Old races stories.

More info is here. http://mizkit.livejournal.com/615989.html

1:03 PM  
Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Wow, you've got a full dance card there. And I'm just doing the pedestrian sorts of things!

Good luck getting them all done. I look forward to reading them. :-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to have a Rothly story, for him to explore his new magic and get the HEA he deserves!!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]