On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 01, 2010

NaNoWriMo is GOOOOING!

National Novel Writing Month has started. I was at the kick-off write in from about 9:45 pm to 1:40 am.

In the spirit of things, I did work on something new(ish), the third Luna book, currently titled by Luna as Enchanted Ever After. I wrote 1680 mediocre words including general ideas for the plot. I REALLY wanted to write those words from 5:30-8:00 pm, but staved off, and thus forgot some phrasing I wanted to use. Now it seems blah-blah-blah, but it's done.

That's the good news. The bad news is all those words are not under the 3 projects with pressing deadlines. So most of the rest of the words I post will be on Heart Search, Hearts & Swords -- the story collection, or Enchanted Ever.

I think I can finish Genista's story in the next couple of days.

As always, I learned I don't write (or even type) as fast as many people. By 12:45 some had finished their wordcount and the bookstore was beginning to empty out. I did 1133 in an hour and made the 1667 (1680) by 1:25 a.m. and lots of folks were gone. I comfort myself with the fact that it was because today is a work day for most.

A couple of errands and I'll hit the sack.
May you meet your goals today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

You should take a note from David Weber and get Dragon Software. He never writes anymore, justs talks. Claims he gets three times as much written that way.

Had to find a solution when he shattered his wrist.

12:52 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks for the idea. Occasionally I think about this, but you have to train the program, and if you use funny words, that means spelling them out for the program, I beleive. So the original time investment might be great for me.

Robin

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]