On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 29, 2010

Mind Spinning Word Counts

I think I have Genista's story set in my head in it's entirety. Currently it stands at 14390 words with lots of bits and pieces and a solid first two chapters (draft form).

I've worked a little on Walker's story and it is at 3360 words.

Arbusca Willow's story is finished at a being-revised count of 14199.

I'm most nervous about Heart & Sword, which I've anticipated writing for years and now am doubtful that I can do it the justice it deserves. I have about 315 new words (chapter 1), and outline, and an old "Captain's Log" that I had originally intended to include in Heart Thief, but my skill was not there. So, perhaps, a raw word count of 2219.

So I am standing at 34K+ for the four stories -- and, yes, my mind is spinning.

Now to move on to Heart Search for critique tomorrow...I'm on chapter 13 and crit group is on 5-6.

May all your ducks line up and stream before you with joyful noise!
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]