On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Linking Stories

I've been working on Genista's story and since the outer plot is somewhat like Heart Journey and the upcoming Heart Search, I've figured out a way to link to both. It will take place about 3 months after Heart Journey -- about ten months after Heart Fate, 2 years after she miscarried.

Like I said, the location will be Gael City, and the hero is an ex-warrior with a limp... ;) This is so fun!

Robin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the one doing the comforting when she got divorced?

8:53 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Like Tinne, Genista stuck to her vows. As for the other guy mentioned, he left before the story opens.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must believe in Karma. What did that man do to deserve her!?

11:42 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

As I previously wrote Genista, she was beautiful, had a touch of charisma, and, before her marriage, had sex with a lot of men. (This is not necessarily considered bad by Celtan mores, descendants of the Earth colonists are still struggling).

During her marriage she DID love Tinne, and did try to make the marriage a good one. She also turned bitter when she miscarried.

At the time I wrote Heart Fate, I was thinking that the guy who accompanied her would be her lover/husband in another story. However when the current story came to me, it did not include him, so I wrote him out as abandoning her. Not going into details -- about him, or about who her ultimate love is. ;)

If I had to continue on that path, I'd say he was out for some nookie, but since she wasn't at a good point in her life, she didn't feel like sex or relationships.

Thus, the change is the Writer's idea and not the character's.

12:17 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Throughout the series I tried hard to make Genista a likable character, and I didn't want to kill her off in Heart Fate since I thought that would be the easy way out.

It doesn't seem to me that I succeeded at my job for you, and for that, I'm sorry.

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure succeeded in talking about Genista! You brought her to life, otherwise I wouldn't have got so involved in disliking her and allow my experience of people, like I percive her to be, colour my opinion.
Not possible to make all your readers happy all the time.
We are all very different.
I just love to read about Celta and its customs and I thank you!
Thanks for claryfying about the man we saw her with last time.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]