On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cutting Scenes

I had in-person critique group yesterday (and one today, too, happened to be back to back this month), and mentor suggested I cut a short (1 page) scene between Laev and Cratag...unless I needed it for something else, but I have a later scene with Cratag that probably doesn't need it (I write out of sequence and I'm always ahead of my critique groups anyway), so it's going away.

I may put it on the website after Heart Search comes out, as I often do if whole scenes get sliced -- I was always sad to see scenes go, which is one reason I have the READS page.

Now to work!
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bbasney said...

I love the "reads" page and the cut scenes you provide! My favorite so far, that I felt added alot to the Holly/Hawthorn fued, was the scene that involves T'Holly and T'Hawthorn mending the seal they broke. That scene impacted my feelings towards both men a great deal and gave me a reason to consider feeling more charitable towards Huathe the eldest.

10:19 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, I liked that scene too, but the timing didn't work when it came time to put it in...I wrote it out of sequence.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]