On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Do You Have Your Author Card?

Last month my mentor and I drove around one of the most oldest and most exclusive areas of Denver, looking at houses to place in Mystic Circle, my magical cul de sac in my new Luna series. I have finally determined that there will be nine houses in the cul de sac with one at the "top" of the circle being a mysterious castle.

Architecturally, Denver is a mixture of many styles, so it isn't in the realm of fantasy that a Spanish hacienda type house might be on the same block (or circle) as an English Manor House, or the "castle" above.

Since we drove around several times, slowly, gesturing animatedly, we got a few looks. So I turned to her and said, "Do You Have Your Author Card?" This is something writers do, find settings and take pictures, watch people at cafes or restaurants or on the streets, like Denver's 16th Street Mall. We weren't stopped, but if we were, it would be nice to have such a card, though most folk believe you (and I have books in my back seat).

May you enjoy your week.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you asking for pictures of houses awhile back. Did you get any responses? Everytime I saw a cool house, I was on my way somewhere or I didn't have my phone/camera with me. I did think of you though.

Tine

8:53 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I received some ideas, but have been scouring Denver for THE right houses.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]