On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Office Treasure Trove 1 -- First manuscript

All right I must admit the office is USUALLY a shambles, but now it's worse with stacks of books on the floor, most of the bookshelves of the 6 bookcases and 2 credenzas unorganized messes...and I am trying to reduce the "sagging" of shelves.

So far all my published books (and the two unpublished that might someday make it to kindle, maybe within the year) have expandable envelopes...though now that I look at it, Heart Quest's isn't looking in good shape. For some of the books I kept the copy edits and page proofs. For some I didn't.

I have a few rejection letters, notably the one that crushed me for HeartMate...by an editor I met at RWA the next year when I was wearing my "RITA(r) Finalist" ribbons for best first book and best paranormal.

When I finished my first ms. a work friend had it bound. So I have the first draft of my first full manuscript, The Token. Which is impossible to save.

I include the first few paragraphs here. As you can see, I started with a dream, which is usually considered a no-no.

And, yes, you will probably be hearing about contest sheets I still have for unpubbed works...etc. And what am I going to do with that first cover for Guardian of Honor? I am pretty sure I can't post it anywhere and I have, like, 100 of them....

Well, here's The Token:
Photobucket

May you enjoy looking back at the past...and more toward the future.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]