On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 20, 2010

THE Daphne

Photobucket
I picked up THE Daphne today. Apparently *I* (and others who have won Best Overall) can say that. People who have won the categories (which I also did), have to say something like The Daphne for Paranormal/Fantasy/Time Travel/Futuristic Mystery/Suspense CATEGORY.

This is all in the contract between the RWA(r) Kiss of Death Chapter and the Daphne Du Maurier estate.

I'm THRILLED that Heart Change will be going to the estate/library, too! WOW! That really impresses me. I also get to put Winner of The Daphne Du Maurier Award of Excellence on my book covers.

The photos are not good. Though Mom's kitchen/dining room was relatively bright, the camera insisted on flashing. I still haven't mastered all the settings (all of which seemed to be on when I got it back from the repair guy, Bless him).

Anyway, it's a top "scrolled" hammered brass/bronze. I LUVS it! Lips in the background, then rose, with a nice skull (with an area that appears to be "missing" as if an object had hit and kilt the poor human).

Photobucket

Smiling, smiling, smiling.

May you have many smiles, too.
Robin

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope that you are proud of your accomplishment. Recognition can be hard to come by. You earned it and I am very happy that I found your books. They thrill me and are very satisfying reads. Looking to many more years of reading your work.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Jocelyn Modo said...

you totally deserve it! congrats!

10:20 PM  
Blogger N. R. Williams said...

Congratulations Robin...it's a cool looking reward and one that stands for excellence.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

11:12 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Hurray, Robin! So glad to hear about your (latest) award/recognition!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Hurray, Robin! So glad to hear about your (latest) award/recognition!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Melissa Mayhue said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Congratulations, Robin.

The award is lovely.

Janice~

1:50 AM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Congratulations, Robin.

The award is lovely.

Janice~

1:51 AM  
Blogger Deb Stover said...

So very, very cool, and much-deserved!

~Deb

6:49 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yikes, I deleted the wrong comment, a congrats from Melissa Mayhue (who was also a finalist!). Anyway Rose and Janice's comments got posted twice so I was going to take off Rose's...that's pretty much the only time I mess with comments.

THANKS ALL.

Robin

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]