On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Editing on the Computer

I recently got my copy edits for Enchanted No More (and they are turned in!). These were the first full-on electronic edits from Luna, though I've been struggling with them for two books from Berkley.

I still loathe word and the comments field, and apparently Luna is working in a different version of Word than Berkley.

Also, contests are usually computerized now, so I've been doing a lot of editing on the computer when I judge.

This is good for clarity (otherwise I end up with arrows everywhere), and as a different way of looking at my work. BUT, there was a page where I knew something was wrong and couldn't quite figure it out, no matter how I stared at the screen. So I printed it out, took up the pen, and fixed it in under five minutes.

Mixing the media can be the message, can bring insights that only one won't do.

May you be all you can today.

Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]