On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Murphy's Law Publishing Fire Drill

Late Tuesday p.m. (after working hours in NY), my desk phone rings. It is my Luna editor.

Me: Oh, you're calling about the 2nd Luna proposal (the due date for acceptance is within a couple of days).

Ed: No, I'm calling to see how you're doing on the copy edits of Enchanted No More due tomorrow.

Me, after hyperventilating and clutching chest: I didn't get them!

The conversation went on from there, I believe my email box wasn't big enough for it or it wasn't forwarded on. In any event, they are due Monday and we won't be in too bad of shape if I get them in at that time.

Urgh.

So I may be least-in-sight for a few days.

May you have no scary surprises today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

They don't have procedures and checks to make sure that doesn't happen. A simple, Hey Robin, did you get this big #ss file we sent, follow up email seems easy?

9:11 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, Tannun. That's why I got the call. Everyone is very busy, and editor was at RWA which is always crazy.

And I don't think that Berkley sent any email about the page proofs due this week. I think they'll just expect them...(and they'll be right, I got them).

Robin

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]