On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Starting New Projects

Photobucket

I've been fiddling around with Character Interviews, and The Writers Journey plots, etc. for the next Luna book, and little is happening. As of now, I haven't decided to force anything, but if nothing shapes up during the holiday weekend, I'll be doing that.

Today I've decided just to Start Writing. Amber and Jason (was Jordan but I like Jason better), are waiting, so off I go...

May your work come easy and fulfill you today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I like Jason, it's a nice name and easier on the ear. Jordan had that hard "d" in it.



Janice~

12:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Usually you want harder consanents for a more alpha hero. In any event, I realized that Enchanted No More has Jenni and Aric, so I would not get away with Amber and Jason/Jase. They both went through multiple name changes. Currently they are Amber and Rafe.

We'll see if I get to keep those.
Robin

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Liz said...

Know how you feel about name changes. My hero started out as Jonas, but he seemed kind of blah. Halfway through, I changed him to Harradorn (Harri) and he suddenly started taking chances, had more attitude, and became an interesting hero. During the revision under the new name, more interesting things started coming out of his mouth in the first half of the story, and he even did something different in a situation that took me by surprise. It would seem names are important for both the author's creativity and the character's lifestyle.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]