On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Finishing a Book -- Huge Rush of Joy

Finishing a book -- the rush of joy. I think I've said this before, but I'm going to repeat. About the first five manuscripts, I DID feel a huge surge of joy and accomplishment. Giddiness so strong I could barely speak (I recall this). This carried over from my unpublished work to my books.

I miss this bitterly. Now when I finish a book, it's "eh, it's done." No sexy rush. No euphoria at the end of a massive effort (and, like, it is STILL a massive effort but I don't get the durn RUSH? So not fair).

You see my rush, sliding away from my house in a stream of sparkly rainbow colors, you send it Right Back Home To Me!

Enjoy yourself today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping my eye out for you.

Tine

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I believe that rush went through here. I am sure many of your loyal readers felt it as soon as the news hit the net. It got as far as Portland, but eluded capture.
You are one of the authors who most inspire me to continue writing. Please know that we are happy-dancing with delight as we anticipate every word!

May you recapture/rediscover the Joy,

Laurel, Rose, Elizabeth and Krysten

1:05 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Laurel, Rose, Elizabeth and Krysten,
Minxlaurel (and that sounds like a City of Heroes character name).

Thank you for the lovely comment, and I am saving it for the Dark Times....

May you enjoy all the worlds you visit.
Robin

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]