On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fretting About Titles

I KNOW I am the only one who can really keep the "Heart" series titles straight (and even I have trouble). But I have the next two in mind, Laev's story that I'm working on now, and one after that with a hero who is a private eye. But it's been bugging me that the issues in each book didn't match the titles I'd chosen, and, in fact should be switched.

So I emailed my editor and asked to change/switch the titles and she agreed.

Now, just to confuse you all, the next book after Heart Journey will be Heart Search, and the one after that (hopefully to be sold) is Heart Secret...maybe. Ed. didn't like that title as much.

May you get what you want today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like 'Heart Search'.

Jennifer

3:09 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I like both, Heart Search and Heart Secret, and in "Search" the first line is something like "We've found your family heirloom bracelets..."

The secrets are deeper in Heart Secret, too.

Robin

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Mamunur Rasid said...

Hi,
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post.
Thanks!
Mamunur Rasid
Outsourcing Provider.
OwnCoder

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]