On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This Week -- Finishing Books "I can't finish this book"

At some point I have the feeling "I can't finish this book." I am sure that I am not alone in this. And since I have now written 14 books for publication, I have experience that though I feel this, I can make it through. That came about two weeks ago and on last Friday, the day I had designated for "the big push."

This is a normal feeling. Ways to get over it: 1. Sit down and write. Set a timer and not allow yourself to do anything but write. 2. Chant "I can do it." 3. Have a friend call (as often as necessary but not more than twice a day) chant "You can do it."

These techniques work for me, as always, they may not work for you...but you can give 'em a try...

May you enjoy your own foibles today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]