On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 17, 2010

Post Partum Panic -- What Have I DONE!

Yes, Enchanted No More is done, and creeping fear has set in. This is not a Heart series book, a familiar world with Fams (there are occasional brownies). This is not the Summoning Series where I had an overarching plot and idea where each was going.

This is a brand new light-urban-fantasy with romantic subplot.

And everything is from my heroine's, Jindesfarne's (Jenni) point of view. Not first person, "I" but Jenni's.

What have I done. I've called mentor, who has the only draft copy, and have told her my concerns, so she is aware. She also has the rough, rough draft, something I've never given anyone -- complete with author notes [Didn't you say she never visited his place last chapter and now she says differently, decide and fix!]

I have a feeling that if I had time, I could obsess over the reception of this book for a good year...all the way until it comes out in January, and then about the reviews when it hits...

Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly S. Bishop said...

The worrying never ends...

Your HeartMate stories will always be my favorites but I look forward to this new one too.

Good Luck!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Relax, it'll be okay. Your just starting in a different direction that's all.

Janice~

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]