On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Need Houses Pics -- Research around the 'Hood

I'm writing the first Mystic Circle book for Luna and it's the name of a cul-de-sac. So I went around the hood looking for good houses, and there are plenty, but if you want to send me some, that would be tres kewl. At least two stories, no more than 3, any time period as long as they are interesting architecturally. This book is taking place Jan-March so WINTER photos are preferred.

I am thinking 6 houses for the cul-de-sac. Please let me know if any images are copyrighted so I can either ask permission or not post.

Have fun!
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Peggy said...

Funny you should post this... I just got back from holiday with a couple of photos of a house you might like. As soon as I de-virus my main system and upload the photos, I'll send them along.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unrelated to houses. Are you having an excerpt from Hear Journey on the Read section of your website? and if so when? Great that it is published earlier than Hear Change.
Thanks.

2:46 PM  
Blogger lyndah said...

Have you ever tried real estate listings? For example, you can search "victorian houses" and get pictures of both exteriors and interiors in a listing. I like to look at houses, and the internet lets me look at them anywhere I want. BTW, I love your books, and your blog.

Lynda

10:30 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Wonderful, Peggy!

Anon. When I (finally) update my website for Jan, I will have an excerpt.

Lyndah, Thanks! We have some lovely Victorians in the neighborhood. I'm not quite up on housing types, so there are things that I think of as Captain's Houses etc. that I don't know the true terms for, but it's an excellent idea.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]