On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 01, 2009

And off in another direction....

Yesterday I had some RL family stuff going on that was so emotionally exhausting that all I did was deal with it.

Today I wrote. Heart Journey is coming along after a two week fiddling around with chapters 17-20. Not sure how much of those chapters will stay or go, and I am dam tired of them, but they are past!

Today was a good day, EXCEPT I started with this scene between Del and Danith D'Ash, with Del getting a kitten for her HeartMate, Raz Cherry. And next thing I know it's gone off on a tangent and I can FEEL myself setting up for something.

Or rather, if I want to use the scene that I've written, it SHOULD be setting up for something.

Like the climax.

Which will now occur in a totally different place than I'd anticipated. Yep, setting up for the black moment and the climax of DANGER.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about the upcoming story (I was going to add "in my head," but, like where else do you think? Unless you are thinking aloud, maybe, like when talking to mentor), anyway thinking of the story before I go to sleep, and what will happen next. Which is a small trip to the southern town of Gael City.

So I have a good idea of what's going on.

In any event, I know that most of us know that when a tangent occurs, to go with the flow and use it. There is something I call the "unconscious inner child" and others call "lizard brain" where you set up for something that you don't know will happen but your inner storyteller knows. Throw away lines that aren't throw away, but become important.

This particular day, I was aware of the unconscious working.

Be happy with all your inspiration today.
robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Lol, I call that my "super smart sub-conscious who is much smarter than I am, so I better pay attention and see where this goes moment."

Good for you, I hope it an interesting ending.

I see that you changed the comment post. Thank you, I was having problems with the old bottom position comment post. I changed mine too. Now I can post again, yay.

Janice~

12:30 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, it should be "subconscious" rather than unconscious, but wth. Yes, I messed with the comment post and will not change it until "they" screw it up again...

Robin

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]