On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Covers -- Visualizations

I was talking to my Berkley editor and a light bulb went off over my head. I've been sending in cover art to match what I think of points in the book...but...she said things like "Heart Hope" are hard to visualize for the Art Dept.

Of course. But we are pretty much stuck in the "Heart" titles right now, and I don't recall any real heart shapes on the book for a while. For Heart Journey, I sent in a car (not futuristic enough) and a couple of characters from the City of Heroes program. Other stuff, too.

But, you know, if I was illustrating "Heart Journey" I'd have a road going up a mountain in the background.

So I will practice thinking of Heart titles that might be better visualized or offer something to the art department that they can visualize.

May you enjoy all you see today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Every time I see "Heart Hope," I picture a prettier version of Pandora's Box. Maybe that's just me...

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..sorry to say, but.. an Art Department that cannot visualize?
Please!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]