On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, July 03, 2009

Gotta Write! Bottom Line Question

When I was in my long term relationship where I was giving 75% and he was giving 25% and before I began seriously writing (you see where my energy was going, right?), I couldn't watch Singing In The Rain, which is one of my favorite movies.

There are a lot of wonderful scenes in Singing In The Rain, but the one that was hard was "Gotta Dance!" when Gene Kelly is looking for a theatrical agent. I could NOT bear that number because the character was following his dream and I was not.

That was then and this is now, but "Gotta Write!" is something that lives in me.

I've been depressed, as you all might have figured, with Tommy's sickness and death and the tough revising of the Luna proposal. It wasn't until today that I could get back into Heart Journey.

So it took me four hours to make my goal, but I made it and Del (heroine) and Raz (hero) surprised me with their first (real) love scene. Whew.

And I feel SO MUCH better. Juices flowing again. Yay!

That brings me to a question that I use as one of my bottom line questions as to whether folks are writers (and, ironically, the person who originally gave me this question no longer writes much, but is a QUILTER).

Do you feel better when you've written?

If so, then you may be a writer.

I feel better! Almost as good as Del after fast and furious HeartMate sex (well, no, not that good), but pretty good.

May YOU feel good today.
Robin

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Still checking in with your blog. Glad you're getting back ino the spirit of things with your writing.

I wondered though, why you didn't mention anything about Michale Jackson's sad daeth. Absolutely devasted! :( Iill miss him so much, even though I didn't know him personally or anything.

He such a major part of the COLLECTIVE history of sevral different generations, so out of curiosity just wondering why you didn't mention it???

9:37 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

The fact is that though he was iconic, I didn't have that much of his music, nor did I watch many of his videos. I didn't know much about him until after I listened to his interviews after his death.

And, I hate to say it, but the time he made the most impression on me was when he was sued for plagiarism and the court's (rightful in my mind) decision for him.

His genius will be missed and I'm sorry he had a crappy life.
Robin

6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for responding

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]