On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finessing mistakes in print

Well, you can't fix them, so they must be finessed. For instance, a mistake I heard a lot about was Saille's (Heart Dance) HeartGift stated as a perfume ball in Heart Quest and a thimble in Heart Dance.

I "fixed" that between the trade paperback and mass market edition of Heart Dance, saying the thimble was embedded in a perfume ball (semi-solid perfume is what I'd envisioned) that melted away as it made the rounds of Druida.

This morning I realized that I've screwed up (a little) Laev Hawthorn's heritage on his mother's side. In Heart Duel I say his mother was a Grove. In Heart Fate, I say his MotherSire is an Oak. So, I'll have to do a little dancing around when it comes to his story. If I could, I'd change Heart Duel, but that is out of the question. Meanwhile I need to get it straight in Heart Fate.

May all your ducks line up nicely today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to have a pretty in depth ancestral chart for your characters, don't you?

I really enjoyed your last book. It was well worth the wait reading your book. The reality matched up with the anticipation.

Tine

10:01 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I need to be better at updating my own personal WORLDS file. I do have a timeline, and a document with the younger generation's ages.

Thanks for the lovely words. ;) I know that's my standard reply, but heartfelt for all of that.
Robin

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]