On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Do You Know This Residence? Or Photographer?

This is a Villa on Lake Como in Italy, photo taken by someone unknown. I DID check with the magazine publisher (tour group), and they had no information on the exact house or photographer. I've done some internet searching, but have decided any more will be just as fruitless as the previous four times. ;)

Anyway, it is the current setting for Heart Change, but sits on a rocky cliff. I've also added a couple of wings.

AND FINALLY I HAVE MANAGED TO REINSTALL MY SCANNING SOFTWARE (sort of), the driver I installed from the website still asks me to install from the disk, but if I keep hitting, cancel on the frustrating little blue boxes BEHIND the hp logo, it will work. Sigh, but better a work-around than nothing.

Photobucket

May you be pleased with yourself today.
Robin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't see the picture on the system I'm logged onto... but when you say Lake Como, Italy, the first thing I think of is George Clooney's villa. Any chance it's his??

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I don't know the photographer or anything, but I felt I had to say that this place is gorgeous! I want to live there!

2:19 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Nope, not Clooney's home, that one is quite rectangular whereas this looks like a tiered wedding cake.

Anon., yes, as you can tell I was so charmed with the picture that I saved it, and it was a couple of years before I got published. For a while the windows were actually MidClass Lodge, but not too much later it became Signet's (D'Marigold's) place.

I think I'm changing the color to peach because I use so much pale yellow for Residences (and rooms). Hmmm, may try to cut and tint....

Robin

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader..
Even after all this time the Magazine might be able to help if you ask?

6:16 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I did ask the magazine (by phone), and they didn't have any information.

Thanks

6:40 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Could you see about getting a back copy of that particular magazine? I would think they would have to credit the photographer. Even if they aren't particularly helpful on the phone.

8:41 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I looked up their site yesterday and asked about it. Also, I know I went through the magazine, but it is a tour group magazine and really didn't list the photographer, only the prices of the trips....

Robin

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]