On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 17, 2008

Writing Software

A few years ago I worked hard on a seminar (and spent mucho bucks) about writing software. RWA didn't choose it and I did a seminar at RMFW.

Well it's now on the program for Mile Hi Con, next week. Problem is, writing software ages fast. So I'm doing more research... I still have Dramatica, Power Structure and Truby's Blockbuster. I occasionally use Dramatica for plotting.

More on that later.

It's hard to believe that I'll be in Isle of Palms in a little more than a week. So much to do before then! Mile Hi Con (on 3 things), get ready for the Master Class, and make sure the cats are ok. Tommy is on medicine twice a day and a yogurt diet. I have lined up my regular sitter, but I still worry.

That's all for now, since I have a full day -- writing and outing with Mom to corn maze and dinner with friends.

May your Friday go smootly.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Isle of Palms! Warm....

I would think the basics would be good enough for a seminar, myself. I mean, usually when software changes, it's bells and whistles and the basics stay the same (at least for the first few iterations). And you can focus much more heavily on how the software programs in general help the writing (not how to use them in the hardware sense, but how to use them in the creative sense.) If that made any sense, which it probably doesn't as I have a terrible cold and can't hardly think straight right now.

Tommy on a yogurt diet? My cats are jealous! :-)

10:14 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Take care, Silver!

Thanks, I've found my old notes and the tape of the session I did and have started working on it.

And Tommy is even luckier because his yogurt is mixed with baby food. Not cheap but it seems to keep him going.

Robin

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]