On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, June 09, 2008

Why Wordcount?

I've been thinking about the question I had about wordcount and figured it's like this: if I know my Luna books run about 150,000 words, then I hope that if I throw enough words at a page every day most of them will stick and by the end of a certain period of time (hopefully BEFORE deadline), the book will be done.

So, that's it.

;)

May you enjoy all the words you read today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Do you happen to know why when I do a search for Robin D. Owens, Robin D Owens on Amazon.com's listmania, one page come up? I do the same for other authors like Mercedes Lackey and get hundreds.

The only time I can get my listmania to show is if I do a search for Celta, there really should be better search abilities.

I created a listmania, because I wanted to have more people aware of your books. But it does no good if it doesn't show up when people click on the other books I have listed! Or show up in searches.

5:33 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Tannun, I don't know why that happens. I did a few lists but one is sadly out of date...and I haven't kept up with the technology.

Robin

4:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, I think it may be that I'm still fairly unknown...

Robin

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]