On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Daily Life

Denver weather has been going back and forth from gorgeous to rainy, dripping outside today and I'm going to have to deal with some house problems. So that's a little depressing too.

Didn't work yesterday (didn't work 2 days last week and beat myself up over it). Not sure why, but I feel like I'm plodding along, which probably means that my villain is not doing enough. Or maybe that I need to up the love story, which, since I finally got Jikata and Luthan together I should.

Or it might be that I asked a question of my critique group and was disappointed in the answers. Which is Not Their Fault. They've seen maybe only one chapter of the book so when they suggest sweeping changes, or their advice doesn't work, it shouldn't irritate me.

So. I guess the last few days have been one irritant after another and I've been letting them get to me. Back to schedule this am. Doing this instead of my writing this am, so I'd better get back to it.

Take care, and may you have a lovely day in all senses of the word.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Do you use an online/email critique group?

Or do you sit down face to face and get feedback?

How did you decide what group to join, and what members are allowed?

9:32 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tannun, I hope I answered your question in another comment....

I recall doing so last night.
Robin

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]