On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 06, 2008

Networked!

Writing from the scary, cold basement. So laptop is online, not a great thing, but the file sharing will be good, also if I'm writing and need a research fact, that too will be good.

I will shortly be setting up a Wordperfect macro. "SaveToS" which is "Save to S Drive," which will be EITD in the Shared Documents file. So, one punch of a toolbar button and the document will save to laptop, desktop and baby. I'll also be able to hit a different button and mail a backup to my gmail account. And work on the porch or the patio.

WOW.

Working down here will be a real boon in the summertime, I have a table that I can set up and when I put in the new furnace a few years ago, it needed a pump and so I have a real light switch and extra outlet...

I had a geek friend who was out of work do this for me.

I'm happy.

Love to all,
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader..
Hope you enjoy the updated toys and... just for such a good work... give your friend a place of pride in a future Celta story! -Love intelligent and brainy guys!!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are looking at some HOT temperatures this coming weekend. I am trying to figure out how to get the bed down into my husband's office which is in the cellar. Has to be way cooler.

Tine

10:47 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Do you write full time now? Your bio says you're a paralegal. When do you find time to do that and destroy peoples frigs at the same time!

11:40 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Reader, actually, as happens to most geeks at one time or another, he is out of a job, so I paid him and also gave him an expensive wi-fi card that I hadn't unwrapped.

Tine, I hope the basement works for you. I have fans, but that's it. When I think of putting in an all house fan, it just makes me shudder.

Tannun, LOL, I got laid off a while back and am now living (mostly) on a second mortgage and (a little) on my writing, so I've been a full time writer...and believe me, doing a 638 pg book in 5 months is work!
Robin

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]