On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day Off & Critique

I took yesterday off after dealing with the fridge crisis and dropping by to see my Mom's cat. Did check email, and I think I have a couple of comments to reply to here.

Then I need to work on Heart Journey for critique. Yes, it should have been in to my editor by now, with Heart Change, but it isn't.

Anyway, I'm late. Current new thing, I'm backing up on Carbonite since it's reasonable $50.00/year and Linnea Sinclair swears by it.

I also need to finalize my website update (ok, do most of the work), and throw myself on Rae Monet's mercy to get it up today or tomorrow.

So on to work! Thanks for all the comments, and I know we've been going more than two (three?) years now.

May you have a lovely summer's day.
Robin

7 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

Couple quick questions for ya, while you're in Heart Land.

You've written that Lashin was the strongest talent of her generatin, D'Vine of his, and D'Vines future heartmate of hers. They are all within 6 or 10 years of age aren't they? Who really is the strongest of their generation.

Who would be of D'Ash's? And the Senior Holly's?

7:37 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

I wish there were a way to edit posts, I always think of something else as soon as I post it!

I'm not complaining! I think you are the most responsive, and dedicated blogging author I read and enjoy!

But I was going to add, with people living to 200, how many years are in a generation! ;)

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a reader..
I hope I got this right; All the people born in a year is the "generation" of that year.
A generation is what it would take a couple to be able to replicate themselves, on average, unless they decide to pass! I think that
if in Celta people cannot have children till they are in their twenties/thirties then a generation would be 30 years.
72 years, or in Celta 200 years would the reasonably/hoped for life span (if one survives illnesses, acidents, murder, executio, plague, etc. etc.)

2:46 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ok, I usually think of a generation as 10 years, though, Anon is right. It's more like 15, and could be iffy on Celta, so I've probably screwed the timeline on this.

I'll have to look at the Celtan Youngsters Timeline on this. Yes, Lahsin is 17 and Tinne is only 23, Vinni is, I think, 12, last time I worked with him.

Vinni is stronger than Lahsin, and Avellana Hazel, Vinni's HeartMate, is strongest of all since she has a very unique and unusual talent....

Robin

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heart Fate is about Tinne. Who are Heart Journey and Heart Change about?

Tine

1:11 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Heart Change is about 2 people we saw in Heart Duel, Cratag Maytree and D'Marigold. Cratag has a couple of scenes in Heart Fate.

Heart Journey is about 2 new people. It's an older woman/younger man story, and the hero, Raz (Cerasus) Cherrry is introduced in Heart Fate.

Robin

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!! Some more books and new people. I just love the Heart series. I also just love the Guardian series, so which ever book I am reading at the moment is my favorite ~_^.

I can't wait. Oh, and by the way, bad author for teasing.

Tine

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]