On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Setting up Secondary Threads

I screwed up, the set up scene that I thought was in the chapters isn't. Sooooo, I guess I'll go back and put it in (I have a rough of the scene somewhere), whisk that character immediately off to where he needs to be, and check any mention of him, his thread, until we get back to the chron chapter I'm working on.

I think I recall that I didn't want the thread early, and now I think it MUST go in early. So it's more of a changing of the mind.

Anyway, I've watched the snow and fiddled around today, turned the furnace on again last night.

Regarding subplots, secondary threads. Like everything else they should be woven through. Sometimes if one isn't working it needs to be pulled out. In this case, this thread is also affecting my heroine emotionally, and though I don't know that I referenced it much, I should probably reference it a little more. In any event, I don't think the fix will take more than a couple of hours.

May all your plans go well today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]