On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Heart Fate Stats

Once again I managed to cut 60 pages...which was mostly tightening. Some paragraphs did squeak a little when I cut, but a lot of it was sloppy writing...Many "I thinks....." and "Now" and "Even" and "Still"

Stuff sorta like: He thought he might consider how to decide regarding....

instead of: He decided...

Anyway here are the before and after stats:
Photobucket

I'm very pleased with the polishing and the book...paced a lot yesterday when I rearranged and cut some scenes...then, of course, the printer screwed up and it took me 3 hours to print 2 copies....

Sigh.

May all your electronics work smoothly today!
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might find interesting to look at covercafe.com if you have not seen it yet. Cover Contest 2006 had very nice ones.

1:31 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you! I did nominate Protector of the Flight at the proper time, we'll see how that goes.

Guess I can do the same for Keepers of the Flame.

Robin

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]