On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Surrender the Manuscript

I took yesterday off, though I did read through and tinker with a couple of chapters. I have to abandon the word count, it's not going to get me where I want to go -- getting the book sewn together, ready for beta readers, and in by the end of the month. So it looks like this is going to be an hours thing. Six-eight hours a day. I may make wordcount, I may not.

Catie Murphy has a wonderful Pirate Flag on her blog/website that says "Surrender the Manuscript" and that's where I am now.

Meanwhile, here's something that was amusing. I obviously answered the questions "correctly."



You're Egypt!

Curator of ancient mystical secrets, your life on the surface is fairly
typical these days.  Though you are in denial about more things than most people.
 Nevertheless, you're trying to convince people that you're safe despite your more
volatile and unstable times that seem to be behind you.  You like cats a whole lot.
 You'd probably really appreciate The Blue
Pyramid.



Take the Country Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid



May you enjoy wherever you are today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a fun place. I got to be Switzerland or United Nations.... a boa constrictor too! O dear!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Catie said...

I stole that graphic from Rachel Caine. I love it. :) Good luck!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the Vatican City, a cat, and The Guns of August. Hmmmm.

Tine

2:58 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tine, pretty good! If this is the same quiz I took a while back, I was Watership Down...

Robin

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]