On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Writing and Life Reprise 2? 3? 4?

I've finished judging a couple of contests and am working on a third, this one in the published division. Two of the three books I've read have been good but haven't blown me away.

Since I've entered some contests for this year, I'm wondering if I'm going to get the same reaction to Protector of the Flight. Empathy.

Anyway, I have a big scene to write today, and since the new year I've made my wordcount even if it meant writing at 10 pm. So I feel like I've picked up some motivation, dedication, and, of course, the end is in sight. Still seems like I have a lot of files in my Scenes folder, but they will come together (shaky confidence here).

But I'm not writing this morning. I want to find a portfolio and head over to Common Grounds (no, I did NOT work there Tuesday or Thursday as planned. Tuesday was cold and snowy and Thursday disintegrated on me). I want to get one of the big plush chairs with a table (I think there are only four), maybe by a window though that tends to be cold, might put on an extra layer. I want to read Heart Dance through and make my small changes. Writing later today.

Oh, and Publisher's Weekly Blogging ladies mentioned Heart Dance this week and thrilled me....

May your plans for the day be fulfilled or wreaked entertainingly.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]