On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Writer's Strike T-Shirt

I feel passionately about the Writer's Strike, but I am not going to preach. I WILL support.
Photobucket

Here's the link to buy your own shirt (and they have special ones for the trek picket day).

When I visited a couple of the sites last night, the amount of revenue that LA had lost due to the strike was about $710,000,000

May you get fair pay for your work today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must confess that I do not know why are the writers striking. Do you?

11:40 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

The link will explain it better than I, but the most important reason for me is the internet. Publishers are selling stories and authors are not receiving royalties.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That I can understand. It is one thing for you to put a story on the internet for the enjoyment of your fans, but, is an entirely different when your publisher takes your idea, your hard work and puts it out there with nothing going back to you. I had not realized that is what is happening.

Tine

11:07 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Actually, it's more like tv production companies streaming shows or doing pay per view and charging and not giving any residuals (royalties) to the writers...

Robin

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]